All bazaared out


Advertisement
Syria's flag
Middle East » Syria » North » Aleppo
April 16th 2006
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Entering the castle01 Entering the castle01 Entering the castle

This is the entrance to castle, along a high walkway.
Geo: 36.1498, 37.5119

We had a late start today, which was great as a I got a sleep in. We walked through the bazaar to the city's castle. It's a pretty good castle, surrounded by a moat. Inside there are roman baths and a secret passage. From up here we had a great view of the city. We had lunch near the castle, it was crap. I ordered a hamburger with a dried, thin meat patty. Just ate the chips. Walked back to the hotel to check out my new room. Very similar to my old one, I just can't understand why I had to change rooms!
Went for a search around Aleppo- the town with hardly any ATMs to get some cash. Found one but it couldn't process my request, which is annoying. Will keep searching later on. The rest of the day is free, which is relaxing not to be rushing around. Might go shopping later at the repetitive bazaar stores.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

02 Walking up02 Walking up
02 Walking up

Had to walk up these steps to enter the castle.
03 Aleppo03 Aleppo
03 Aleppo

View of Aleppo from the entrance to the castle.
04 Entrance04 Entrance
04 Entrance

Once in the castle, this is the view looking towards the entrance/exit.
05 Top05 Top
05 Top

This is the top of the castle.
06 Aleppo06 Aleppo
06 Aleppo

View of the city from the top of the castle, the city planners could have organised a few more green areas!
07 Ceiling07 Ceiling
07 Ceiling

Ceiling of the castle baths.
08 Roof08 Roof
08 Roof

The roof of the castle baths.
09 Castle Mosque09 Castle Mosque
09 Castle Mosque

Inside the castle's mosque.


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb