Farewell to the Arabian Peninsula


Advertisement
Saudi Arabia's flag
Middle East » Saudi Arabia » Jeddah
November 26th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

OK.... well actually we are no longer in Saudi.... and are now in Kuwait. But... as these pics are from Saudi I wanted them to come under the Saudi section here on Travelblog. The tour is over... and we are now on our way home. From Jeddah we went to Dubai... had two nights there... and then 1.5 days here in Kuwait. We fly out in 3 hours.

Everything went by so fast. Jeddah was great... and so liberal compared to the rest of the Kingdom. Hell... women can actually walk outside of the hotel without a man at their side!! Holy moly. We flew south to Abha and Najran.... where the landscape is quite different from the rest of the country. Mountains and a wee bit of greenery. Seemed quite conservative... and we were always closely followed by our military or police escort. Markets... forts... museums... and mud-brick architecture. The Abha Palace was a great 5 star treat.... and the Holiday Inn in Najran is a place where we received some of the best hospitality ever.

After the tour we chilled and shopped in Dubai... well, what else is there to do!! Splurged at the Burj al Arab... 'the world's only 7 star hotel'.... where drinks average $30 a pop. They even have a drink on the menu that costs over $9000 !!! What a place... and a great night. Kuwait has been a quick visit... and we have to leave the hotel very soon... so I am going to add pics now.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st June 2010
Tordes in her Abaya

How beautiful
13th October 2010
reading the Koran in Najran

peace
this old man looks so peaceful reading quran oh allah bless us all... beautiful shot brings peace to me

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb