A lot of stuff


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » North » Irbid
July 10th 2009
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So it has been a while since Ive checked in about my travel. There isnt internet in the apartment. I instead walk up to Univ. Street, which has the most internet cafes in the world. So I am a bit lazy about all of that. Anyways, So far this week I have gone to a nice family style dinner with some locals we met at a coffee shop. I upload some pics from the dinner. It was very nice dinner of home made and grown food. It is surprising how nice people are here to you. They are all very friendly. Our hosts were shocked to find out that they were the first ppl to invite us over to eat. Seems hospitality is on the defensive here, but not as bad as in America. One of the hosts helped us set up a one nite stay in the capital Amman. We wanted to go to the main capital for some fun and a break from the normal like routine of Irbid, which doesnt have much to do besides sit in hooka bars and coffee shops.

The pics from Amman have been uploaded too to the blog here. The city was
LunchLunchLunch

Nicest Days Inn in the World :)
pretty cool and chill. The people were all very nice. A lot more of them spoke English too. It is interesting to note that they all know at least one person who is has been/lives to America. However, I cant find anyone in America who has been to Jordan (or even know where it is). We got to see a mosque and market place and then just wandered around the city to take in the city life. We are suppose to be heading back in a few weeks to see the Royal Palace and such. Therefore, we didnt want to cut into taking away all the fun out of future trips.

Well Im off to bed now. Tomorrow, we are heading our to the country side to the Syrian border (but not going there). We are suppose to be able to see into Israel and Syria. It should be interesting. We are also going to see some old Roman Ruins ( i forget the name of the place). That trip there to see them should be interesting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

AmmanAmman
Amman

Skyline
Dinner in IrbidDinner in Irbid
Dinner in Irbid

all home made and grown
HostHost
Host

the group
Group at DinnerGroup at Dinner
Group at Dinner

A walk down the street


15th July 2009

Hi Jon
This looks so exciting. Hope you get the message. I feel so cosmopolitan emailing someone in Jordan!
20th July 2009

hey
im glad i can help u feel like a hipster!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb