And then there were two.......


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » North » Amman
July 24th 2010
Published: July 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day that we said goodbye to all our new travel buddies. I have to say that it was very sad for mike and I to see people trickle off to the airport as we gave our arm pump salute to their cabs. We have 2 more nights here in Amman, and the last to leave today was Dave, who had a midnight flight. After we waved goodbye to the others, mike, Dave and I (and mark for a little while) took off to explore downtown. We walked and walked and walked all day, exploring every nook and cranny in downtown. We walked up and down the main shopping street (stopped in the gold souk so I could buy some jewelery!), explored the fruit markets, experienced the thrill of crossing the crazy streets, tried to find the infamous bookstore (but we never did), and we climbed up the hills around the downtown areas. We tried to find a little bookshop/cafe that had been raved about in the guidebooks (called books@cafe) and we walked along this very trendy street called rainbow st. This is apparently where all the English speakers hang out; there were many English bookshops, store owners that spoke English, and white people in this neighborhood. We stopped off at a Jordanian pastry shop and had the most tastiest baklava (Arabic style) I've ever had! Books@cafe was a great find for some yummy food, awesome atmosphere and had an amazing view of the city. We had a lot of fun exploring the city and getting lost. Well I wasn't lost, I had my bearings as soon as I stepped out of the cab in the morning. It was the silly boys who thought they knew where they were going and we ended up going in a huge circle back to where the cab dropped us off. From here they finally listened to my directions, silly boys! It was fun getting lost. Again we net a lot o friendly people that just wanted to say hi. Then we decided to go to jordans national museum and we walked across the city only to find that it was closes (well the guidebook said it was going to open in 2009 and I guess it never did). So we came back to the hotel only to find that they wanted us to change rooms so that our gigantic room (with the sheesha couch in it) could be used for wedding photography. So we negotiated that tonight we'd take the smaller room and tomorrow we get he junior suite. Hopefully that happens.

Finally we went for a final dinner with Dave and had to say goodbye. Now there is only 2.....

Advertisement



29th July 2010

Excellent !
Great reading ,hope you are still enjoying yourselves.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb