Day one in Abu Falah


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » West Bank » Ramallah
May 19th 2008
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

View from our roomView from our roomView from our room

This is the view we see every morning when we wake up.
We made it safe and sound. It wasn't too long getting through the Israeli security relatively speaking. We were pulled aside and questioned for 45 minutes - that could be a record for Adri and I. Amber picked us up in the car that we are renting - it was great to see her. After dropping her off at her place in Ramallah, we made the 45 minute trip to the village. One of the checkpoints, that usually open with maybe a couple of IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) soldiers, was being blocked by several soldiers, so our trip took longer than usual. Hey, this is the Israel/Palestine/West Bank/Occupied territories! We spent a wonderful day with Adri's family, with no visitors. Some some reason everyone thought we were arriving today. Tonight the thousands of family members will start showing up. And so will some people who just follow the party!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

GiftsGifts
Gifts

It took us weeks to shop for gifts for all the family members. I thought the third intifada was going to break out over this gift!
Abu FalahAbu Falah
Abu Falah

This is the miniret that wakes us up at 4:30 every morning telling us to get out of bed and pray. That's 4:30 am!
Adri the secondAdri the second
Adri the second

This is Adri, Adri's nefew. The nerf balls went over really well with the kids. They giggle everytime they bonk Adri on the head with the ball.
Baaaa...Baaaa...
Baaaa...

Every morning we sit out on the balcony having our coffee, the shepherds walk by with their goats and sheep. Baaaaa.....
Hee haw, hee hawHee haw, hee haw
Hee haw, hee haw

This donkey woke us up before the call to prayer ( I swear it was 4 am). What could he possiible be hee hawing about at the time of the morning?


20th May 2008

Thanks for keeping me in the loop>
Thank goodness for facebook. i had the idea of checking your profile for news, and there it was! I'm glad you are having a good time and things went OK at the airport. I had a lovely weekend at Pemberton. Now I'm back to being my freaked out usual self! Reena.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb