Arrival and Hummus


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
March 15th 2016
Published: April 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

First of all, we almost didn’t go at all because I switched our alarm off at 1am and we almost overslept. Plan A was to find a McDonald’s and get some breakfast on the way down to Luton but they don’t serve it until 0500 and we went the wrong way though Luton town so we didn’t pass one anyway. So by the time we got to the departure lounge BAM was thoroughly mardy. We ended up getting a Frankie and Benny’s breakfast at the airport which was probably the most expensive meal of the trip. The flight itself was alright. We arrived in Tel Aviv Ben Guiron around 1415, caught the train to Tel Aviv HaHagana and exited the train station to our first glimpse of Isreal; dirty, smelly and poor. We stopped at the McDonald’s in Tel Aviv Central Bus Station to use the WiFi and bought the world’s most expensive McFlurrys. We got our bearings and walked to the hostel. From house to hostel, we travelled for about 13 hours.

The hostel owner was really helpful, he gave us a map and circled some significant locations. We found a “pound shop” from which we got sandwich ingredients and cider.

We’d heard about House of Hummus on Tripadvisor so we set off to look for it and start the trip with Middle Eastern food. We walked past it a few times but we asked the bartender of Little Prague for directions and found it eventually. We ordered the items that said “recommended” on the menu and it was bowls of hummus with some pickles and pitas. Being hummus virgins, we perhaps weren’t prepared for that, I’d always considered hummus a side rather than a main. We tried our best to be open minded but there’s only so much hummus a western stomach can handle. The waitress was lovely and even recommended some things to do in Israel, and gave us complimentary little spiced coffees. We didn’t tip but we really should have. Back to the hostel for much-needed sleep but some moron left his alarm on and it starting blasting out some Arabian pop music at midnight. Budget traveller problems.










Back to the hostel for much-needed sleep but some moron left his alarm on and it starting blasting out some Arabian pop music at midnight. Budget traveller
House of HummusHouse of HummusHouse of Hummus

free spiced coffee
problems.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb