In Tel Aviv


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
February 11th 2014
Published: February 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a quick flight to New York, we were on our way at midnight for the 6650 mile flight to Tel Aviv. At over 600 miles per hour with a tail wind we made it in 9 1/2 hours. That was the good news. The bad news I could not sleep, at all! So I am blogging you with no sleep since Monday am Independence time. We arrived here at 5 pm Israel time so I should get the opportunity for a good sleep tonight if I am not too wound-up to go to sleep. It was a beautiful flight today. Even at 39000 feet you could see the distinct shore lines and topography of France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Bosnia, Turkey, and old Macedonia. The Alps were particularly beautiful over Northern Italy.

I sat with two Jewish men who got up at 4 am for morning prayer with prayer shawl, scripture box on the forehead, and rocking motion while silently reading the Torah. There were probably 20 Orthodox Jewish men on the plane doing the same thing. They faced Jerusalem and stood as if they were at the Wailing Wall.

Security at the airport for Israeli flights is very thorough, but focused on the right things, unlike our silly screening process. Very impressed with El Al Airlines and its staff. Courteous, hard-working, and constantly serving the needs of the passengers.

We leave at 8 am for Joppa and Tiberius with about 10 stops along the way. We stay in Tiberius for 2 nights. Now for a shower and on to bed! Blessings!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb