Day 18, 19 & 20 - Tel Aviv


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
October 1st 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is my last post as I return to dear old blighty later on today.

Not much to report here, just swimming and sunbathing for me - its such a chore - trying to avoid getting sunburnt.

Had a great night out last night went to the obligatory Irish bar - Molly Blooms and then carried on to Mikes's place to watch the football with my new chum Kev. Spent most of the night with a young Jewish punk called Darya she was originally from Russia, there are lots of Russians here in Israel (including Ernest) also with us was Stan the drunken South African (I've never seen him sober) and Craig who's the captain of a 30 million pound ship (so he kept telling us) that was held up in port so he was having an all expenses paid holiday.

Got in very late for me and missed breakfast so had to visit a supermarket but next door to it was a nightclub and at 10:30 in the morning it was still open with the bass seeping out into the street, for a second I did think of going in but I already had one hangover and din't want another one - these guys sure know how to party.

The problem with going out in Israel is that they start so late, one of the guys in the dorm went out at 01:00 in the morning to go with some of his local friends to a nightclub and got back at 7 in the morning! As a result all the local pubs don't get going till around 23:00, whereas the ex-pat bars get going at a more humanely 20:00.

Yesterday spent most of the time on the beach again. Later on I had a wander southwards down Allenby Street to the right of which was some fine examples of Bauhaus architecture that Tel Aviv is famous for (if you like that kind of thing).

Thank you all for reading this blog, hope it was informative and gave you an insight into life in the middle East. Looking forward to a Cheese and Onion Pie and chips and a nice cup of tea when I get back home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0906s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb