Ein Avdat canyon, Mitzpe Ramon


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Mitzpe Ramon
November 30th 2007
Published: December 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

9:30am. I met up with my friends by Jaffa's most famous landmark, its clock tower, situated in the Carmel Selzer Plaza.

After a quick introduction to the the other two guys the five of us jumped into our Sedan and were on our way towards Mitzpe Ramon.

GPS.. makes life so simple. Imagine trying to navigate the Hebrew signboards

My leg hurt from the walk down the cobble stones of Old Jaffa. I was advised to rest the leg after the muscle pull but to hell with that. I chose to ignore it.

We made a stop at the Ein Avdat canyon indicated on our guide book. At first I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm glad we did. This was just beautiful and definitely worth a visit. The beautiful white rock,the blue sky and green water made this canyon a little paradise in this desert.

We split up at the canyon. some of us walked up to the top while the others drove up as it wasn't possible to descend from the top. A point of no return?

An hour later we rejoined at the car park and head onward to Mitzpe Ramon

The Ramon Crater (Machtesh Ramon) is claimed to be the largest in the world. Around 500 meters deep, 40 kilometers long and 10 kilometers wide. Some I didn't find anything spectacular about it.

We had a long way to go if we planned to reach Eilat by sunset. So without much delay at Mitzpe Ramon we continued onward to Eilat.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb