Tropical Paradise!!!


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Eilat
March 13th 2007
Published: March 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Egypt over Yonder!Egypt over Yonder!Egypt over Yonder!

we are pointing to Egypt!!
The first stop on the second day was to this place called the Red Canyon. Our bus stopped on the way there in this place where you can see Jordan and Egypt. So we took some pictures there. Red Canyon is in the desert and is a place where you can hike around. It really sceneic and the rocks there are that reddish color, hence the name Red Canyon.
By far the best part of the entire trip was our time spent in Eilat. Eliat is a beautiful desert city where the Red Sea is located. We got there around lunch time and were able to walk around the city to look for something to eat. There is a pretty big mall there, so we got sandwhiches in the food court and ate outside on this patio area overlooking the Red Sea. It was so nice! since it is still early in spring, the weather was perfect. In the summer it gets to like 120 degrees there, but early march is nice. After lunch we went snorkeling in the Red Sea. The water is perfectly clear and there is a nature reserve beach which allows you to snorkel by the coral reef. It was great! the water felt so good too, it wasnt super cold. I didnt snorkel for that long because i wanted to lay out on the beach. It was so nice to get some sun. Since we live in the hill country, it is cold and rainy here most of the winter time. But in the Negev it doesnt rain hardly ever and the weather is nice in the winter. We stayed on the beach for the rest of day and just got to sleep and tan-otherwise known as sunburn if you are me-.
After the beach we climb up on the mountains surrounding the Red Sea to get a better view of Eilat and watch the sun set.
Eilat has great night life! there is a board walk where sellers set up shops with clothes, jewerly, and other gifts. That night we went to the board walk and walked around to shop for the night. The board walk is mostly filled with the hippie type people and the sellers all look like people who have lived in the desert for too long. There was also this weird bungee ride on the board walk that Audra and Patrick went on.
Our hotel was really nice that we stayed in for the night. Our room had a balcony that looked out over the city and the Red Sea. We got smoothies on the board walk and brought them back to our room to sit on the balcony and drink. it was such a great night!



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

ModelingModeling
Modeling

the guys modeling on a rock at Red Canyon
Laying on the BeachLaying on the Beach
Laying on the Beach

corie, abbi and laura getting a tan
Twins and LesterTwins and Lester
Twins and Lester

On top of the mountain overlooking the Red Sea
GrossGross
Gross

here is that thing that audra and patrick went on. i would have thrown up


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb