Israel Day 11 - Eilat


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Eilat
November 3rd 2017
Published: February 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today’s schedule is simple: 1) Blat down the last 130 miles of Route 90 to Eilat. 2) Relax on the beach. There are no shops or restaurants in Neve Zohar, so we get up and head for Eilatstraight away. Once through the security cordon that surrounds the city, we find a bakery and eat brunch on a bench overlooking the Red Sea.



Eilat isn’t as nice as I had hoped. The beach is super crowded and the sand is littered with bottle tops, cigarette ends and broken glass. It’s not like the pristine sand I’m used to in Bournemouth, so we give up and head for our hotel.



Almog is a large apartment complex next to the university. We are the oldest there by several decades, but the room is nice. We sit down on the balcony, time to relax after a hectic few days. For approximately one minute. Then we remember it’s Friday afternoon and the shops are about to close for the Sabbath. Cue emergency dash to the Supermarket. Now we can relax, sit on the balcony and drink beer as the sun sets. We are on the 12th floor of a building on a hill, from here we have a wonderful view across Eilat and the Red Sea to Jordan, where we are going in the morning. I’m excited – another new country ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb