Tiberias and Galilee


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » North District » Tiberias
July 7th 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post


We were hot and grumpy when we arrived in Poryia. I took a dip in the pool and it was wonderful.
It was very windy which was just about the most refreshing feeling after the heat of downtown Tiberius.
Tiberius was very busy, we had a light meal of israeli salad, babaganush, kabobs, french fries and hummus.
We met up once again with our new friends Frank and Maryann from Victor BC Canada who were staying here at Birdsong as well.
They had already been to the sites here, one being to the Galilee boat exhibit and the hill of the beatitudes.
After a light supper of sandwiches and tea we hit the sack in a cool and breezy room surrounded by immense sliding screen doors. I slept through the night comfortably.
As the name of this B&B promises, we were awakened just before sunrise to the sound of birds singing, it was glorious!
I took a walk with another guest a couple blocks away to see the sunrise over the Sea of Galilee
I have seen sunbirds, they are common. One was feeding from the hibiscus blossoms next to the table outside this morning where we had our typical Israeli breakfast of vegetables, hardboiled eggs yogurt and toast with homeade jams and of cousre...hummus.

So, not sure what we will do today, I think I will stay here and rest, paint and swim!!

I'll report more later
Shalom Shalom!!
A😊

Advertisement



7th July 2008

Thanks
Thanks for the update - I feel like I am there with you! How glorious ~ Sheryl
7th July 2008

Israel travel planning
http://www.drive-israel.com is a resource for independent travelers to Israel. Israel road trips with maps are offered, and custom car trip itineraries in Israel can be created. The site offers Israel vacation planning and tailor made itineraries.
8th July 2008

Shalom
Wonderful to hear you are there. We so enjoyed that place. Keep up the bloging we will check in as we can. Stay well my friend. Shalom, Ron
9th July 2008

Ahhh, the Land
Love your blog and pics ~ send more pics! We're living through you!! Miss you . . .
30th July 2008

Caprice Diamond Center - Tiberias
This part of Israel is beautiful. We stayed at the Nof Ginasour kibbutz and loved it. Swam every day in the Sea of Galilee. Beware of purchasing items at Caprice Diamond Center in Tiberias. One of Israel's biggest exports are diamonds, however this center is way over priced. Many of the pieces can be found in Old Jerusalem for half the price.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb