In the Golan: day 1 - Passover seder


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » North District » Golan
March 30th 2018
Published: May 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We were in the Golan at Ramot Resort for the Passover holiday week. We drove up from home through the green hills and valleys of the southern Galilee. Traffic was lighter than expected, probably because we managed to leave about 10am. This despite a bit of drizzle or light rain which diminished as we proceeded on our way.

We drove around the northern shore of the Kinneret - the Sea of Galilee - and reached our hotel on the rise above the northeastern shore. after checking in and having a light lunch, we went out to look over the sea. The weather continued to clear. Before our final preparations preceding the Passover seder, we took a picture of the sun about to set over the western shore.



For the seder Rabbi Stewart Weiss and his wife Susie invited us to join their table. Besides their family and the pair of us there were some other friends of the Weiss's. They proved to be an active, informed engaging group. All in all it was an excellent seder evening, for which we thank Susie & Stewart wholeheartedly. This set a great positive tone for the entire festival week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb