in jerusalem!


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District » Jerusalem
July 19th 2006
Published: July 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i'm in jerusalem!! i got here on sunday night, and its now wednesday. it feels so good to be back in the city. i've been mostly hanging out with friends and wandering my favorite parts of the city.

im in an internet cafe right now, so i do'nt really have time to write as much as i'd like, but i just wanted to give a little update.

jerusalem is a beautiful and ancient city. its really amazing, and hard to describe, except that you should see it for yourself. someday.

things in israel are still pretty tense, but jerusalem is pretty safe. i know you are all concerned about me and the american news certainly doesn't help you feel any better. while the situation is definately serious and dangerous in some places in the north, the american news likes to dramatize the situations in israel, so try to take it at face value if possible. and you can always ask me for more details.

well, thats it for now, i'll write more about my days in jerusalem soon.


Advertisement



19th July 2006

SOS
What to do when your in trouble in Northern Israel (note: will never fail) 1.) Stop, access the situation, and stay calm. 2.) In a monotonous tone (maybe even condescending when appropriate) say, "Do you know who I am? I am KIEZER SOUZE!!!" (enunciate thoe last two words like you're a pyscopath") 3.) If this fails to work (will only happen if they aren't Kevin Spacey fans) pee on yourself and when they become distracted by your crotch kick them in the groin repeatedly until they fall over. Then scream "KIEZER SOUZE!" and run. 4.) Never return to said area. Ever. When they find out you were impersonating a movie produced by Paramount they are going to be pissed, plus by then their groins might have healed and they are going to be wanting to head butt you in the ovaries, so stay clear. Stay safe and keep up those kick excercises ;)
21st July 2006

Come home Leah
Hey Leah, We're all concerned about you here at IIS and Dean asked me to forward this to you. So here it is... "Please send this link to Leah so she can register online with the Embassy over there. https://travelregistration.state.gov/ibrs/ Other information for her is: The State Department urges American citizens to remain vigilant while traveling anywhere in Jerusalem, especially within the commercial and downtown areas of West Jerusalem. Israeli security services report that they continue to receive information of planned terrorist attacks in and around Jerusalem. In addition, American citizens should stay away from demonstrations and generally avoid crowded public places, such as restaurants and cafes, shopping and market areas and malls, pedestrian zones, public transportation of all kinds, including buses and trains and their respective stations/terminals, and the areas around them. Spontaneous or planned protests within the Old City are possible, especially after Friday prayers. Some of these protests have led to violent clashes. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from using all public transportation. The Old City of Jerusalem is off-limits to them after dark during the entire week and between the hours of 11:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M. on Fridays. U.S. government employees are also forbidden from patronizing discos and nightclubs. Any American Citizen who intends to travel to Israel, Jerusalem, the West Bank or the Gaza Strip in spite of this and prior warnings should carefully review the Consular Information Sheet for Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. That reference describes other potential dangers and difficulties and offers detailed security recommendations. Palestinian-Americans face many additional obstacles and regulations that are described in that document. Americans who remain in Israel, Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip are strongly encouraged to register with the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv or the Consular Section of U.S. Consulate General in Jerusalem through the State Department's travel registration website, https://travelregistration.state.gov. U.S. citizens who require emergency services may telephone the Consulate General in Jerusalem at (972) (2) 622-7250 or the Embassy in Tel Aviv at (972) (3) 519-7355. Dean"

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb