Day 5 & 6


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District » Jerusalem
January 5th 2009
Published: January 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nothing really of special interest has happened in the past two days. Michelle, Julie, Rachel and I travelled by bus to the local shopping complex in search of "puffy jackets", Rocket Dog boots, and Castro Jeans. We ate the BEST Flafel and came face to face with a mob of soldiers preparing to head south to the Gaza Strip. Despite the media frenzy (yes we get BBC), all is fairly quiet in Jerusalem (besides the Jewish tour guides not wanting to go into the Arab District in the Old City - which didn't stop us however).

We've found a few fun places to eat, free internet access, and awesome coffee! They don't make Mochas like this at home!! (real chocolate at the bottom... jealous much Billie? haha).

We started the conference last night, but we were all pretty buggered. It's currently lunch break at Yad Vashem, and it's been a pretty heavy duty morning, so excuse the lack of explanation. We are going - hopefully - to Bethlehem tomorrow morning with the group as an exursion, but hope to go again with our small group of friends.

I shall try and post some pictures tomorrow, as I forgot to bring my chord with me today. SOWWY! But in the meantime here are some othe people's photos which I do cameo in a few times:
Nigel's Flikr

Lots of love Lex xoxoxoxo

P.S. Haylz, I announced to everyone that there is an Irish Pub down the road, we are VERY much looking forward to a wind down there tonight, haha. Oh, and any cafe/restaurant suggestions? We've decided to be explorative and not go to the same place twice :P We've been very impressed with the food quality so far, haha. Rutland says to say hi!!

Oh, and I move in with Michelle tonight, apparently our single bedrooms WAS a mistake after all. Oh well, it doesn't bother us in the slightest really, at least we get to share with each other and not someone else we don't really know.

Adios Amigos!!

Advertisement



6th January 2009

Food suggestions and hellos
Hmmm you are asking me to think back 2 years! There was a fantastic Italian place on the road the Kings is on few blocks up from the dry cleaners- don't remember if it was a bit pricey but believe me their Gnocchi is to die for. I remember that place with the real choc - so good! We tended to walk into new city and pick dinner up (falalfel etc) in the mall. The Irish pub also does OK pub type meals. Please say hi to Suzanne Rutland for me and Stephanie McMahon-Kaye if she is running the course. How are you coping with the conference? Its pretty heavy going eh?

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb