Day 10 Jerusalem


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District » Jerusalem
February 21st 2018
Published: February 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today has been a laid back sort of day. We went to the Israeli Museum where we got to see a small portion of the Dead Sea Scrolls as well as many other artifacts. The bulk of the Dead Sea Scrolls are kept in Jerusalem but are not out for the public viewing. The Israeli Antiquities Council provides the care and safety. The museum also has a model of ancient Jerusalem and the temple. It is very interesting to see the places we have visited and to see just how Jerusalem looked in Biblical times.

When we left this museum we went to Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Museum of Israel. I had been there before but it is so full of information that one visit would not be enough to see everything. Actually two visits isn't enough. Of course it is something that really tugs on your heart as you read the stories and look at the personal items stored there. At the very end of the museum there is a room where they store every name of every person that was killed during the Holocaust. This is an ongoing project in an effort to list every single person.. Sadly you couldn't take picture in either museum.

Once we returned to the hotel we were free to do whatever we needed in order to get ready to head to the airport for our return trip. I had already packed my bags so I wanted to ride the train to the downtown area and just scout around. Robeyn Deem and Gail Cokeley were my companions and we had a great time. It was fun to walk around the streets enter shops,, eat gelato....FINALLY!!

We also saw some boys dancing to make money for a project for their school and a girl playing the first concrete piano. I don't now if videos will go up on this blog but I will try! Its been a great day but now we head down for dinner and then a trip to the airport for the 12 hour ride to Newark. What a great trip with a great bunch of people!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb