Christmas in Israel


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Haifa District » Haifa
December 14th 2015
Published: December 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Well it's Christmas time here in Israel. Although most people here aren't Christian, they still hold a big celebration in the German colony by the Bahai Gardens downtown. It's a festival for the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim holidays during December, and everyone comes together to celebrate. They have food stands and stores selling holiday souvenirs, and they decorated the entire area with lights and ornaments. It's absolutely beautiful there. I went with Laura and our friend Ryan on Friday and again on Sunday with Laura. We walked around the streets and had drinks in the restaurants there. On Friday, it was very crisp and refreshing outside, but it started raining on Sunday while we were there so it was really cold. We had a terrific time. I tried to take some pictures there at night, but I couldn't get them to turn out super well. So I'll post the ones that turned out the best.

With Christmas approaching, Laura and I heard about the celebrations going on in Nazareth. Apparently, they are going to have a huge festival there as well selling all sorts of Christmas souvenirs and tasty foods. Then on the 24th, mass is going to be held in the Basilica of the Annunciation with around 30,000 people attending it. We are planning on traveling to Nazareth for the 24th to enjoy the festivities and attend the holy mass. We are really excited! I'll take a lot of pictures and buy a couple of things there to bring back.

Wish you all could be here! Love you guys a lot!

Xoxo 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb