Village of Imamazade (Shazdeh) Ibrahim, village of colorful wooden buildings


Advertisement
Iran's flag
Middle East » Iran » North
June 21st 2014
Published: June 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Village of Imamazade (Shazdeh) Ibrahim, village of colorful wooden buildings



In this village, the houses feature a particular type of carpentry that uses timber in various patterns and colors in a play of light and shadow, congenially permitting individual identity within the collective harmony of the village’s form.

Architecturally, the village contains delicately crafted, fragile, and unique multi-storey wooden buildings that are largely intact

The houses are normally two floors. Their floor is made of wooden and mud-and-straw logs. The ground floor is used throughout the winter; while the upper floor and balcony are used in the summer and ceiling mounted colorful curtains are used to divide the room.

This exceptional place embraces the Shia shrine of Emamzadeh Ebrahim who was poisoned by an old woman during the Abbasid dynasty!

And in fact, these houses traditionally been seasonally occupied by pilgrims visiting the holy shrine of Imamzadeh Ibrahim. I asked one local about the price of one night stay in these funny rooms and it was around 5 euro! but do not forget to take warm clothes because it has cold nights even during summer time.



This village has a picturesque landscape. Although, the village has Interesting ancient architecture, but it reminded us old western movies but without gun isn’t it? ;-)

This beautiful village has a dense jungle with plenty of water resulting from springs. all the way to reach to the village, you see beekeepers and don't forget to try the honey!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb