Darband, Tehran, Iran


Advertisement
Iran's flag
Middle East » Iran » North » Tehran » Tehran
May 19th 2014
Published: May 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Darband was formerly a village close to Tajrish, Shemiran, and is now a neighbourhood inside Tehran's city limits. It is the beginning of a very popular hiking trail into the Alborz mountain Tochal, which towers over Tehran. A chair liftis also available for those not interested in hiking.

To be far away from the center of this crowded commercial city, Darband is such a good experience for those tourists who prefer the nature rather than shopping or visiting touristy places in heart of the Capital city.

The initial start of the trail at Darband is about 250 metres long and is dotted with a number of small cafes and restaurants. These are quite popular and are busy in the evenings, as locals and tourists alike visit the many restaurants and tea-houses along the trail. There are many restaurants in Darband serving Kabab, Chicken kabab, Dizi and etc. Most of them are open from morning till 1 am every day in each season.

The beautiful mountain scenery, restaurants and the aromas from the roasting kebab meat and the shisha make for a pleasant experience while strolling through the place.

When you start walking, you see many restaurants but after 20-30 minutes the number of restaurants will be reduced and you can see the nature! There are some luxuries restaurants in the beginning of the walking route but after walking and reaching to the river, you can go to restaurants with water bed and eat there!

If you go at night though, therestaurants and shops in the hills is a real break from the hustle and bustle of Tehran.

Place will be crowded on holidays and usually crowded every night.

Best way for approaching the area is from Tajrish square. To avoid traffic, you can take Metro to reach the square within 20 min. From Tajrish you can easily take a shared taxi -which are located in the north of square- to Darband and it not going to takes you more than 10 minute considering the traffic. Where the taxi drop you off you will notice a climber statue, there you go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb