Salaam, where you from? Welcome


Advertisement
Iran's flag
Middle East » Iran » East » Yazd
August 28th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

MotorbikeMotorbikeMotorbike

In the Old City of Yazd.
This is a phrase that we so often heard walking along the streets throughout the many Iranian cities we visited. We can’t say enough good things about the people of Iran. We were there during Ramadan, which was particularly tough due to the restrictions of the whole eating and drinking thing during daylight hours. It was often an adventure to find food for lunch time; we ate mostly in “fast-food” type restaurants or at the hotels where we stayed.

We’ve included a few photos from the various places we stayed at during the last 5 days or so in Iran to give you a feel for what we’ve seen and done.

On a practical note, for anybody looking to cross the border from Iran to Turkmenistan, we highly recommend you change money on the Iranian side, because on the Turkmenistan side, it is very quiet and we found no money changers. This is something we found out a little too late, since we were betting on changing money on that side of the border. So now we’re stuck with approximately $100 US worth of Iranian Rials. With any luck we will pass another Dragoman Truck coming from Beijing so we will plan on changing it with them if possible. Otherwise, everyone we know will be getting 20 000 (approximately $2US) Iranian rial bank notes for souvenir presents when we get back.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Truck lunchTruck lunch
Truck lunch

Roasted eggplant mushed with yogurt, tuna, and bread.
ShopShop
Shop

Our source for snacks and drinks.
Old carOld car
Old car

In the old city of Yazd.
Tower of silence, YazdTower of silence, Yazd
Tower of silence, Yazd

Where the Zoastrians used to place the dead for the vultures up until 50 years ago.
Salt lake partySalt lake party
Salt lake party

In Eastern Desert.


3rd September 2010

Cleanliness
Was it just where you took pictures, or is the whole place so clean and orderly? Thanks for sharing. :-)
8th May 2011
Lunch time in Shiraz

SALAM DUSTE AZIZAM!(Hi dear friend)
Hi Africabound , I hope you had nice time in Iran. Best Wishes. Soheil-Iran-Shiraz

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 35; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb