Waterpark Fun


Advertisement
Cyprus' flag
Middle East » Cyprus » Limassol
May 2nd 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we did manage to get to a water park. Bill and Wayne did not join us, because they had been up late gambling and drinking the night before and were too tired. So, it was just the girls and the kids.

We were a little unsure about the currency in Cyprus, as I don’t think they have totally thrown away their old currency in favour of the Euro. I had nothing to fear, the taxi’s and the water park both gave me prices in Euros right away. I even paid the admission to the park by Visa.

The morning was beautiful. The sun was out and it was quite warm with a bit of a wind. The kids had a great time. It is an awesome waterpark. There is a wave pool, and several slides, for tubes, for racing and the kamikaze type ones too. Tyler had a blast at a kids area that had a couple of smaller slides, and hoses to spray, and troughs to fill and dump on others. Tyler’s favourite was a huge bucket on top of the structure that would fill up with water and then eventually dump its entire contents on the kids waiting below to be knocked over.

We got lunch around 1:30, pizza with about an inch of cheese on it, and noticed that there were some clouds moving in. The kids went back to playing after lunch, but Sylvie and I were getting a little cool. We had arranged for the taxis to pick us up again at 3:45, and were hoping that the weather would not get too bad before then. The kids continued to play and Tyler and Kelsey finally got cool and came to change around 3:00. We let Sarah and Liam have one more go at the wave pool, then we had them change too.

We stopped in the gift shop before leaving where Sylvie forgot she had on her backpack and knocked over a whole shelf of knick knacks. Lucky for her she only broke one, and they made her buy it. Our taxis were there on time and we got back to the ship to meet up with the guys.

I will try to post another picture soon. Tomorrow we are going to the pyramids so I should have some new shots.


Advertisement



7th May 2008

Knick knacks
ok so I want to know how much did that knick knack cost? And it will make a great talk piece in her house, lol.
26th July 2008

Currency
you are right about the currency in cyprus :) http://www.limassolcyprus.net
7th October 2008

Hi Just got back from Cyprus and I regularly saw advertised discounts from MyTouristCard.com. Does anyone know anything about this? If so, please email me.
21st November 2008

currency
I had some problems with the currency at the beginning, but once you can calculate with it, its easy goin' http://www.golimassol.net

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb