Things To Do In Manama


Advertisement
Bahrain's flag
Middle East » Bahrain » Manama
February 16th 2016
Published: February 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Planning to visit Manama anytime soon? It is the capital city of Bahrain. Although it is one of the smallest among the Arabian countries, it still continues to be the most powerful and richest in terms of offering the people with culture, traditional and eccentricity.

The city of Manama offers the visitors with an interesting mix of both Arabian and Persian cultures that you would love to explore during your upcoming leisure time. The prosperous economy of Bahrain has diversions in terms of education, tourism and many other sectors and this is what makes it one of the sought after holiday destinations in the Gulf region.

Manama is said to be a major financial and communication centre and you are surely going to love the experience that Bahrain ahs in store for you. Check out the following idyllist travel attractions that will make your upcoming trip to Manama as desirable as imagined.

Manama Souk: The Souk in Manama is known for its gold and pearls. The souk is located behind the warren of streets behind the popular ‘Bab-al-Bahrain’. It is positioned right in the heart of the business district and marks the main entrance to the famous souq. It is basically a labyrinth of small lanes which offer endless displays of goods that are for sale. If you are planning to purchase electronics, spices, sheesha, clothes and also feel the old Arabic atmosphere then you can surely consider paying a visit to the Manama Souk. Put up at the hotels in Manama and try to plan the trip in a desirable manner. Apart from that you can always consider exploring each one of these attractions during your upcoming trip to the capital of Bahrain.

Al Fateh Mosque: This is a major Islamic Centre which includes the mosque, library and a department for Quranic studies. It was opened in 1988 and the mosque is also occupying an area of almost 6500 square meters. It can accommodate up to 7000 worshippers at the same time. The beautiful dome is made of fiberglass and has almost twelve stained glass windows. The fabulous doors are made of teak wood that were imported from India. The central chandelier piece was made in Austria and is flanked by several hand blown round lamps that were made in France. So you can very well imagine the breathtaking architectural beauty of this mosque that you absolutely cannot afford to miss.

• Qai’at Al Bahrain: It is the archeological site of a port that had been the capital of Dilmiun civilization. It served more recently as a fort of Portugal. Stay over at the Al Areen Palace and Spa in order to enjoy the breathtaking beauty and magnificence of the city in a desirable manner. Over here, you will get to check out the artificial mound that was created by many successive layers of human occupation.

Al Areen Wildlife Park and Reserve: this was a response by the kingdom of Bahrain towards the conservation of wildlife in the Middle East. The sanctuary was constructed to protect rare Arabian species that included the Oryx, Adax and Reem Gazelle. It is perfect for tourists coming over with family who can choose to spend quite a long time over here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb