Bahrain Versus All Whites World Cup Qualifying Soccer Game


Advertisement
Bahrain's flag
Middle East » Bahrain » Manama
October 11th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

With the Kiwi Soccer Team in Bahrain, it was an opportunity too good to miss. NZ and Bahrain meet for 2 matches, to decide who may go forward to the World Cup in South Africa.

The Polytechnic organised us tickets, and as the Poly is very close to the Isa Town Stadium, we parked there and walked as a group, sporting suitably Kiwi flags/banners, colours and smiles.

Jude and I sacrificed half an duvet cover to create a banner and used the Bahraini BAke Oven (ie put it outside) to dry the enamel paint in next to no time!

Altho the end score was 0-0, it was an exciting game, - the spirit at the stadium was fantastic, - and very friendly, - and we met a whole bunch of Kiwi's in our 'designated' corner!

Jude wore my black Whangamomona Pub T shirt which was of huge interest to all the Taranaki Oil and Gas Guys and Gals who are based in Bahrain, commuting to Saudi to work, whom we met in the stands!

We are sure the Kiwi's will be victorious in Wellington on home soil, without the heat and constant music to contend with!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



8th November 2009

Soccer
Looks like a great day - you certainly wentto a huge effort with that sign !!! You ahve tanned up nicely Pete

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb