Top 10 things to do in Prague


Advertisement
Europe
April 4th 2015
Published: April 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Czech Republic – stunningly different

Top 10 things to do in Prague!!





Prague is the capital and largest city of the Czech Republic . It is the fourteenth-largest
city in the European Union .

Here is top ten things to see and do in Prague...

1. Tour the Old Town

Old Town is a medieval settlement of Prague, Czech Republic. It was separated from the outside by a semi-circular moat and wall, connected to the Vltava at both of its ends.

2. The local tipple

The only brewery in central Europe to have been brewing for more than 500 years.The flavorful dark lager brewed on site, or take the brewery tour to see the ancient brew house.

3. Baroque Bridge

Surely one of Europe’s most recognizable bridges, the Gothic-style Charles Bridge across the Vltava is lined with Baroque statues and affords alluring views back over the old town from its wide cobbled walkway. Pedestrian-only, it’s a lovely place for a stroll, especially at night when the lights of the city twinkle on the water.

4. Prague Castle

The Guinness Book of Records lists Prague Castle as the largest ancient castle in the world. It occupies an area of almost 70,000 m2, at about 570 meters in length and an average of about 130 meters wide.





5. Petrin Hill & Observation Tower Built as a mini version of Paris's Eiffel Tower, the Petrin Observation Tower was built in 1891 for the Jubilee Exhibition. The Petrin Observation Tower is set in landscaped gardens, which make for a pleasant stroll all year round. 6. Classical architecture
Prague is home to a dizzying array of churches, but perhaps the best is the Church of St Nicholas, a fine example of Baroque ecclesiastical architecture. There are few more magnificent places to enjoy a classical concert (Mozart once played here)!!

7. Relax With a Beer

Try unique Czech beer in the biggest beer event in the Czech Republic ! The popular Prague Beer Festival offers thousands of liters of the golden beverage bottled in liter glasses – beer jugs in the manner of Munich’s Oktoberfest. During the festival you can try more than 70 brands of Czech beer of top quality and the best delicacies of Czech chefs, butchers and bakers that go with them.

8. National Theater

The National Theater is the place to come if you want to see opera, theater or ballet in Prague. The National Theatre in Prague is known as the alma mater of Czech opera, and as the national monument of Czech history and art. The National Theatre belongs to the most important Czech cultural institutions, with a rich artistic tradition which was created and maintained by the most distinguished personalities in Czech society.

9. Prague Astronomical Clock

Located in the Old Town Square, the Prague Astronomical Clock has been around since the 15th century, though it has required repairs many times over its history. This

clock doesn't display the time of day. Rather, it's meant to be used to determine the phases of the moon and the equinoxes.

10. St. Vitus Cathedral

This cathedral is an excellent example of Gothic architecture and is the biggest and most important church in the country. Located within Prague Castle and containing the tombs of many Bohemian kings and Holy Roman Emperors, the cathedral is under the ownership of the Czech government as part of the Prague Castle complex. Cathedral dimensions are 124 × 60 meters, the main tower is 96.5 meters high, front towers 82 m, arch height 33.2 m.










Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 22; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb