Orange Walk


Advertisement
Europe
May 10th 2014
Published: May 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

Our bus from Belize City arrived at the temporary bus terminal just to the West of town. The bus stopped on the road next to the cemetry. To get to town (as you are facing the cemetry) walk right to the end of the road and turn left. At the traffic lights you have reached the main street. To go to Akihito Hotel turn right at the traffic lights and it is on your left. Only a 5 min walk.



Where We Stayed

Akihito Hotel - B$45 for a small double room with TV and bathroom. There was no sink in the bathroom. Internet doesn't work on the top floor where our room was.



What We Did

There isn't much in Orange Walk. We just did a bit of shopping and watched the Mother's Day celebrations in the park.



Where We Ate

There are carts and small restaurants around the park and the main street selling tacos, tortas and hot dogs.

We were pleased to find that the price of beer was cheaper than Caye Caulker (although still too expensive) and was B$2.75 with 25cent back when you returned the bottle. Rum was cheaper too as this is where they make it.



About Orange Walk

It is a small and dusty town with not much to do. I wouldn't recommend a visit unless you really want to see a small Belizian town. The people there were very friendly.



Where We Went Next

We went to Corozal. The bus to Chetumal stops at Corozal and leaves from the temporary bus station. We caught the bus at 10:10am, it cost B$4 and took just over an hour.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb