RIHLA #19


Advertisement
Europe
February 26th 2013
Published: February 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. The day of the dead is a day were natives practice a ritual, that is seemed to be known as mocking death. This ritual has been practiced for 3,000 years, yet the Spaniards have unsuccessfully tried to stop. People used wooden skulll masks called calacas and dance in honor of their dead relatives. Aztec people and Meso-American people kept the skulls, and the skulls were used to symbloize rebirth.

2. My reaction is that i feel that it is a great way to honor thier dead relative. But i also feel that they should honor them if the made a positive impact on their lives. My biggst reaction was on the part where they said it depends on where you go to celebrate the day. I feel that if you are honoring someone on the same day no matter what, but u understand why they honor them in different ways.

3. the way that this might conmnect to class is that people my have certain people that we want to honor in certain ways. For example, how Cortes came to Moctezuma palace and just got all of this gold and other things. That is how Moctezuma honored Cotes for what Cotes was doing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb