Ring of Kerry


Advertisement
Europe
August 30th 2012
Published: August 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We started the day late because of a tourest who did not respect the meetup time. Well, the bus driver was livid. You could feel the heat in his voice, saying that should we not be on time tomorrow, he will leave without us.. LET HIM TRY..bring it on!

Ring of Kerry is just a ring road around a certain area of Ireland and not what I imagined which was a route of castles.. This tour is like a mirror image of Newfoundland with the scenery, accents, and small villages. However, the Guinness is better. Since I do not have to drive. Our first stop was at an Irish coffee haven. They had the whiskey stacked up in glasses 3 tiers high, so when we arrived they just had to add the coffee and cream.

Through the Gap of Dunloe (Mountain range) we went singing merrily on our way through the rough and the ever changing weather. It is amazing though, that whenever we stopped to visit some thing the rain stopped also. I swear on this!

We stopped at a ring fort called Cahersiveen with walls 12 fet thick which was symmetrical to the nth degree. I cannot believe that the Irish could construct something this perfect that to this day stands as if it were new.. Inside was like an amphitheater in that the steps around the wall could easily be used as seating arrangements for a show.

We stopped at a little fishing village for lunch called Portmagee where we had Chowder and you guessed it.. Capachino. I promptly fell asleep on the bus, when all of a sudden there was a big bang. WHAAAAM. What the f.....k ( hey). Ahem... Some jerkoff passed to close to us on the road and hit our protruding mirror. Well the mirror collapsed inward and did no damage but woke me up.. We drive a lot.. Last stop of the day was the Torc waterfalls. We got bit by these very small, I call them (no see ums). The falls were about 60 feet tall. Took some decent pics as per the example..

Next day...

We hit Blarney castle within an hour. We were told to kiss a stone upside down and pay 12 Euros. Everyone in the bus did except us. Buncha sheep. Baaaaaa Baaaaaaa.

We decided to obstain due to the 1 hour lineups to kiss a stone upside down where mouths have gone before. We were the only ones not coughing on the return to Dublin and saved 24 Euros to boot!

We finished the day at Rock of Cashel. Mediaeval monastery sitting high above the town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



15th September 2012

Kiss Off Blarney!
I am so glad you opted out of the kissing--and hopefully you saved it for Siu Yee-- How interesting ....mirror image of Newfoundland--fascinating!

Tot: 0.331s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb