St. Viet to Innsbruck


Advertisement
Europe
October 1st 2011
Published: October 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Every morning that we wake up, the weather has been the same. It is amazing. It has the feeling of fall in the air during the early morning and fog in the mountainous regions, but then the sun breaks through for glorious sunny days. It has been that way since the tour began. We are very blessed.

Today is a traveling day with a few stops along the way. Everyone is very tired and this gave us a good chance to catch up on our sleep. We headed for the distinctive rugged peaks of the Dolomites and entered Italy via Lago di Misurina and the Tre Croci Pass to pause and take pictures of the ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo where we had lunch. After lunch we boarded the bus to cross back into Austria and continue to Innsbruck set in a valley of snow-capped mountain peaks (not much snow at this time). High above the city is the ski jump used for the Olympics and will again be used next year when Innsbruck hosts the Olympics again. It is very impressive.

Sara took a group of people on a walk to the Old Quarter but John and I opted to do that in the morning. We signed up for all the optional excursions and it doesn’t leave us a lot of room for free time.

After a nice buffet dinner in the hotel, those that signed up boarded the bus for a Tyrolean evening where we enjoyed a lively evening of traditional entertainment featuring dancers in national costume, yodeling and entertainment typical of the life, crafts and traditions of the Tyrolean people. It was a lovely evening and when the program was finished the performers sang songs from each of the countries who were represented at the performance. It was a lot of fun.
Back at the hotel, John and I popped into the casino next door but only stayed about 20 minutes before heading back to the hotel.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



2nd October 2011

Love your blogs and photos
Glad you are having fun and the weather is shining down on you. I love reading about your adventures, you paint a great picture. Thank you for sharing :) We are enjoying a peaceful weekend after much craziness over the last week! And the sun is shining here too after a very wet week. There are Rugby and Australian Football grand finals and the World Cup Rugby to be watched, Greg is outside in the hammock reading, the birds are singing and I am going back to my paper. Our love to you both xo
3rd October 2011

We feel your presence with us. Your names come up in conversation often as we tell the story of how we met on our Italy trip and have become special friends. :)
3rd October 2011

I start my day with you :)
we are with you :) every morning when I get up I read your blog, I will miss it when you go home. Can you stay on holiday?? I love your awesome day up in the Alps and around the lake. Love you xo

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb