The Recovery session in Austria...well we tried!


Advertisement
Europe
October 11th 2010
Published: October 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After 5 Days at Octoberfest, Jewels and I definately needed to recover and get back to sight seeing. We headed from Munich, Germany to Salzberg in Austria. We stayed at this very strange hostel, we think it may of been an old boys catholic home, strange and the bells, oh my, i think i am scared by those bells that rang ''all'' night!! We didn't do all that much in Slazburg, went for a run and slept a fair bit. We spent two nights here, it was quite a pretty little town. From Salzburg we went to Linz, just for a night, a little stop over on the way to going to Vienna, Linz was bigger than what we expected and again another weird hostel...he he!!
We left Linz early the next day and went to Vienna. Vienna was a stunning city....we did a walking tour with a lovely older chap named Walter who made sure he pointed ou many of things with a sexual reference, he pulled up the whole walking tour group up at a fountain, made us all stand infront of a naked man statue that was draped over a pond...he then did his little sperl and then pointed out to all the girls that we were now standing nearer the most saught after and hardest arse in Vienna...ohh Walter, funny bloke. We did the free walking tour at night.
We also did the funnist day I think I may of had so far...we went on a wine tour on bikes....so we headd out of the city for the day on the train for an hour, to our first winery by 11 and then on teh bikes not long after, there was about 8 of us on the tour, a good mix, 2 irish, 2 aussies and 4 americans, its safe to say the irish and aussies stuck together and got along quite well.....
We spent the whole day tasing wine, shnapps, apricot liquer, chilli hot chocalate and an amazing bbq at lunchtime with cheese cranskies, but all whilst riding a bike....and I will say, a near crash, but I'm not claiming it as a proper crash and therefore, no crashes!! 😉
We loved it, Jewels and I could not take the grin off our faces all day!
Vienna was great, I got up again and watched the reply of teh Grand Final...GO PIES, Jewels stayed in bedand I had to watch it with a few random guys in a dingy little pub, but definatley worth it.


From Vienna we thought we would do another little stop over before heading straight to Prague. We stopped in Brno, Jewels was a bit sick here, but we met a couple of guys at again another very strange hostel, so had a few drinks with them after walking around town for a little while.
From Brno we headed to Prague....
Prague was amazing, so bueatiful....so much history again...and yes another pub crawl, he he
We did another walking tour in Prague and saw all. The Lennon Wall was really cool, i loved it, along with the castle and the jeweish quarter.
We spent a few days in Prague and then we got all geared up for our flight to LONDON...
and this is where we are, in LONDON....
we have spent the past few days searching pretty actively for a job and house, we have the house, but yet to get the job to pay for the house...
We'll be living with a kiwi guy in a very cool area, Clapham....pretty sweet gig and we move in tomrrow...
I'll keep you all updated, yet to do much sight seeing, but the next few weekends will be sure to be filled with such.
I hope all are well, I apologise for being soooo shit with emails.

I love all...

elise.xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb