Travelling Amsterdam to Germany


Advertisement
Europe
June 19th 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Amsterdam to Germany (Ingolstadt)

Cooked our Brekky again and then caught tram to Amsterdam Centraal station. We had about 1 hour wait. I waited with bags and read while Greg went for a wander in town.

We caught the ICE train and had first class seats for our 1st 3hr journey, I had a bit of a snooze as there was no real scenery on this first stint. We then changed to the next train for another 3 ¼ hr trip ready to travel along the Rhine. I read most of the way as we defiantly weren’t travelling along the Rhine. Turns out that the ICE train goes in a quite straight line through lots of tunnels, instead of following the river. Scenic train trip hopes DASHED!!! We had glimpses of it as went past (we think-could have been any old river). Changed trains again for final 1/2hr trip to Ingolstadt.

Caught a taxi to our hotel and ordered in takeaway Chinese-long day of sitting all day travelling.

Alarm went off very early next morning, amazing how Greg can get up early when it is something he wants to do and be ready. When I mentioned the fact he told me that he has been planning this part of the trip for nearly 6 months. ( I’m not sure what or how he thought the rest of the holiday was planned- I have been on computer planning the other 33 days for nearly 12 months - he had 3 days to plan).
Kath

Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb