Budapest - Day Three


Advertisement
Europe
August 11th 2009
Published: August 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The boys got to sleep in a little today and we met around 8:45 for breakfast. After breakfast we met up with Ben’s girlfriend Dora for our tour of the city. We first headed to an ATM so everyone could get money for the day but that turned into a 30 minute McDonald’s break. I guess I’ll let it go while we are on vacation.

After that we boarded the subway and headed for Castle Hill. We took a tour of the different monuments and saw the spectacular views of the city and the river. PJ and I also took a picture next to the tram where he threw up on me during our last trip to Hungary two years ago. On castle hill we also went to the famous pastry shop that has been around for about 100 years.

Dora then took us to a labyrinth that is located under the castle. It is basically an underground maze made in the 15th century to protect them from times of war. It was very dark and cold and we got lost a lot. We also went into a courage maze which was pitch black and we had to find the exit to escape. The boys had a great time here.

After the labyrinth we went to lunch. Everyone liked the gyros yesterday so we went to another small restaurant that made them. These weren’t quite as good as the ones we had yesterday.

After lunch we headed back into the tourist district so the boys could buy some souvenirs. Dora then took us to Hero Square which is a national monument containing 7 statues of their Kings on one side and 7 statutes of their leaders on other. It was made for Hungary’s 100th birthday.

From there we headed to one of the most popular attractions in Budapest - a thermal bath park. This is located right in the center of the main park in Hungary and contains over 17 pools all of different temperatures of thermal baths, jacuzzis, saunas whirlpools, etc. The water is all hot springs and very good for the body. It was very crowded and the guys had a great time going from one pool which might have been 60 degrees to another that was over 100 degrees.

After a long day we headed back to the hotel for dinner. Somehow everyone still had a lot of energy so we played soccer on the hotel field for an hour or so and now everyone is off to bed. It’s hard to believe we only have one day left in Hungary before we leave. We have two scrimmages tomorrow so we are going to make the most of it



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb