Biking Trip


Advertisement
Europe
July 20th 2009
Published: July 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I will write this from the start of our biking trip in very short form three days each blog if you really want to know more in detail then you can contact me when I get home and you can look at my diary.


Wednesday the 8th of July Distance 73km Time 5 hours

We woke up at 6 45 and took the train to Trier and saw the Porta Nigra and the weather was very cold and what a start.
We stopped at Neumagen which is a famous wine making village.
We carried on to Bernkastel Kues and walked down the beautiful old streets and I remembered some of the shops. A lady happened to give us a pamphlet for a place to stay which wasnt far away.
It was very nice and simple and very cosy.


Thursday the 9th of July 2009 Distance 62km Time 4 hours 30 minuets

We biked to Rachting where Gerd my uncle had sang the night before and rang mum and the boysand talked to her for 49 minuets which was very nice.
Stopped at Zell for a delicous Veitnamese curry stopped for an icecream that cost 2,20€ for both.
Found a place in Pottersdorf because it looked as if it was going to rain.


Friday the 10th of July Distance 88.5 Time 5 hours 20 minuets

WE biked to Cochem (where MArk ******* it up) adn we walked through the beautiful old streets.
We arrived at Hatzenport and biked under a massive motorway that was really freaky hearing the trucks and cars above. As we trudged on thing started to get a bit more boring with less vineyards and villages. We finally reached Koblenz at 2 oclock adn went to the Deutsches Eck which is where the Mosel meets the Rhine. the weather was really windy and the whole city looked pretty dull and boring and everything looked grey and the same. We carried on to Boppard where there was lots of people and there was lots of flowers (Thought of you Nan) and lovely old wooden buildings.

Advertisement



21st July 2009

Sup.
hey lukey great to hear you so bubbley and having an amazing time, I' m back in dunedin know, I've got really flu but I'll write when I'm better k,
22nd July 2009

Niko
Thanks Niko Make sure you dont get Swine Flu amongst al those busy Uni students!!!!!
24th July 2009

Hae luke jack here
hay luke its Jack, u look like you're havin a great time in Germany. I read your blog last night, sounds awesome you will have to tell me everything when you get back.Sam got his german student in the holidays, his names Alex hes from a place just north of Stuttgart called Ludwigsburg. Alex just showed me where you were travelling in germany, u must be real tired it looks like a lot of biking for you an your mum told me about how you fell off your bike. I had a good holidays i went tramping down in the caples valley (opposite Glenorchy) for 4 days. It was nice an warm down there with it being negative 4 in the mornings with the high of 5 degrees most days. I went skiing a couple of times an i went skiing with billy we missd u heaps. I hope you have a great time for the rest of the trip and have an enjoyable experience.
26th July 2009

Jacko
Sup jak thanks alot Hows your Germ man coming aolng sorry I cnat right properly cause ths computer is stuffed an id cant b bothered fixing th e mis takes IS ur Geerman Xchange student cool cause our one is really nice we jist met him the other day. Ask you r billet some German words then u can touch up a bit and maybe lern someswear words we have just finished the biking trip and we are now in Berlin The sity of shops might buy ur present here what do u want ? My blogging is actually a bit behind so dontt get confused
27th July 2009

Stuff
Hi Luke! Sent you an email. U get it? Hope all is good with you. Enjoying your blog. Keep it up. All good here. lve Rich
27th July 2009

Lukey
hae our german (alex) is great hes really cool we play alot of games together. When u get back we will have to meet up an u will have to tell me everything about germany it sounds amazing. oh i just remembered it was so funny yesterday we took a few german students up skiing yesterday at roundhill an it was the waihi ski day so i saw billy and oscar and george. Continue to have a good time an we will catch up soon (when do you get back home).
28th July 2009

mummy advice
Hi darling Do not forget yur promise to Mr Brown abour writing to hi and your classmates/?i went to the dentist it was not fun .at all.I can easily imagine you are having fun at the meryers they are so nice eh?Mrs haughs brother the Boys high art teacher mr Cameron swopped houses for a year with the meyers in Temuka when Sebi was a baby and they are at the moment also bikig across Germany at the momment ask Claudia where they are now tell her who your art teacher is I love you

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb