Dohany Utca 84, first floor, apt #7, Budapest, Hungary


Advertisement
Europe
May 30th 2009
Published: July 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: roma music festival 11 secs
2: riding in the bringohinto 27 secs
bloody marysbloody marysbloody marys

breaking in our new apt with bloody marys!
Dohany Utca 84, Apt 7, Budapest, Hungary is where we lived for the whole month of June and it was spectacular!!! It was great actually having an apartment and not constantly sleeping at a hostel or in our tent. Not to mention eating hot meals everyday. During the month in Romania Emily and I were craving bloody mary's so we were able to enjoy BM's multiple times during that month. We found a "hungarian chipotle" and fell in love with the decor of the place. The food was definitely not as good as chipotle, but definitely worth the visit. We also went on a brewery tour while our friends Sherene and Rachel were in town. For me it was definitely a highlight of the trip so far. It was completely different than any of the other brewery tours I have been on. It started with the beginning process of beer making all the way though the packaging and loading on the beer trucks. It was awesome! We also discovered one of the best pizza's I have ever enjoyed. That was one thing most I will miss most about Budapest, the pizza. Who would've known.


Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

roomiesroomies
roomies

l to r: emily, taylor (guest of eric's) tages, james and eric in front.
city pubcity pub
city pub

this is a pub that is right around the corner from our apt in budapest.
heroes squareheroes square
heroes square

laid out in 1872 and renovated after the 1989 communist turnover, preserve the spelndor of Budapest's golden age.
heroes squareheroes square
heroes square

budapest, hu
Vajdahunyad CastleVajdahunyad Castle
Vajdahunyad Castle

budapest, hu
AnonymousAnonymous
Anonymous

King Béla IV's scribe and the country's first historian who recorded everything about medieval Hungary but his own name.
budapest, hubudapest, hu
budapest, hu

the streets of.
budapest, hubudapest, hu
budapest, hu

grand central market is a huge outdoor produce market with many stalls of souveniers.
paprika timepaprika time
paprika time

hungary is known for paprika, so of course we had to try some.
le cafe mle cafe m
le cafe m

this was our first gay bar in budapest.
metro heightsmetro heights
metro heights

this is going down to the subway. this is probably the steepest escaltor ever!
light readinglight reading
light reading

heading down to the metro.
arriba taqueriaarriba taqueria
arriba taqueria

after two months without mexican food, we found a "hungarian chipotle" although no where near as quality as chipotle it was still amazing.


4th July 2009

HAH!
Dude, I laughed so hard at the video of Tages riding in whatever the hell that was. You guys look great!
7th July 2009

By the way...
When I saw the words "multiple BMs" I thought you meant bowel movements. Getting old sucks. I'm glad you enjoyed your multiple Bloody Marys though. ;)
17th July 2009

Arriba Taqueria
OMG...that is so funny! I can't believe the menu has a picture of Frida Kahlo. Who would have thought -- all the way in Hungary *LOL*
1st August 2009

OMG!!!
I can't believe you two were thinking of me when you saw the LV store! I LOVE IT! Also, I love the Hungary Chipotle. I was already moved to comment because I loved how you all said you found the "hungarian chipotle" but their decor totally looks like my dream kitchen/breakfast nook. Brown pride forever even in Hungary. Question for T- are our people in Hungary? This seems very interesting to me that you can get a taco there. Ok, that's all. Thanks for the shout out! You awesome women look like you're having such a good time!
11th August 2009

Hey Ladies.
Hey... haven't heard anything in awhile! Hope you're doing okay. Let me know. :)

Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 69; dbt: 0.088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb