Debrief: Best & Worst List


Advertisement
Europe
September 16th 2007
Published: September 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're back safely, we will post photos later today on those entries missing them and we will also post a Best and Worst list giving credit or discredit to each place for what they were good or not good at.

And the winner is . . .

BELGRADE

And the loser is . . .

BUCHAREST


Where Next?


First, we will be in Paris for Christmas, with hopefully a hop on Eurostar and an (under)skip to London for a night with Axel and Laurie. .

As for the next big adventure, the list keeps getting longer, then shorter, longer then shorter . . . I had considered the hidden gems of the Caribbean which I went on a Google Earth discovery tour of recently and then discovered in the last issue of Conde Nast Traveller that an article had been written about same. As a common theme to our exploration of the Ottoman Empire through to the gates of Vienna, we thought an exploration of Moorish lands of Andalusia combined with a crossing through the straights of Gibraltar to Morocco would be interesting. Western and Sub-Saharan Africa has been thrown about as well but diseases and civil unrest make it slightly unpalatable.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb