How to Strategically Plan Your Destination Wedding and Honeymoon


Advertisement
Europe
April 18th 2019
Published: April 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Your big day is quickly approaching, and you’re only in the initial planning stages. Reality is starting to set in. You and your partner have decided on a destination wedding a honeymoon. While you know nothing could be more exciting than saying “I do” in your dream destination, you’re also worried the planning process will become too much work.

While planning a wedding close to home is hard enough, a destination wedding and honeymoon brings so many more aspects of planning to the table. You have to find a location, book accommodations, and choose which guests will be traveling with you. All of this is a lot to handle leading up to your magical day. Here’s how to strategically plan your destination wedding and honeymoon.


1. Choose a Location First




Before you begin any of the other steps in planning, you need to know where you’re hosting your wedding. This is a location that should mean something to you. However, before you choose that remote island, make sure it has everything you need to actually plan a successful wedding day.

What do we mean by that? Well, you need resources. If your favorite beach town, for instance, only has one small hotel, that might not be able to handle of your guests. Just be meaninful but realistic with your destination choice. Check out some of the top wedding destinations for some inspiration.

2. Let Your Guests Know (Early)




While you usually wouldn’t notify your guests with a save-the-date until around the 6-4 month mark for a traditional wedding close to home, you’ll want to start earlier if you’re planning a destination wedding and honeymoon.

Because your guests will need to take some travel preparations into consideration like getting off work, planning travel, and budgeting for expenses, they’ll need plenty of time fit all of these steps in. Give your guests as much time as possible to plan.

3. Visit Your Destination




Before you begin planning, visit your destination. You’ll need to scope out locations, meet with local planners, and figure out just what you’ll need. This trip should be a few months out, and it should give you time to finalize all of your checklists before you head back home. If you can, schedule meet-ups with vendors and anyone else you’ll need during this stay.


4. Choose Your Dress




When choosing your dress for your big day, feel free to take your location into account. Breathing some of the natural beauty into your style will help tie the whole thing together. In addition, be practical. If you’re getting married in the mountains, that light and airy dress might be better suited for the beach. For inspiration, visit Bridesmaid Dresses & Wedding Dresses · Azazie.

5. Stay for the Honeymoon




An easy way to wrap your wedding into the honeymoon is to simply stay at the same location as your wedding. This avoids the trouble of needing to book additional accommodation, secure travel, and figure out an entire new itinerary.

Less is sometimes more for the big day, and you want to give your partner and yourself the chance to sit back and enjoy your first moments together as a married couple without the stress. The average length of a honeymoon is 8 days, so make sure you make the most of it.



Are you ready to getaway on the trip of a lifetime? If you want to say “I do” in somewhere special, even if it’s far from home, make sure you follow these steps above. The planning process can easily get overwhelming if you’re not careful, so ensure you’re focusing on what matters most.

Advertisement



Tot: 3.554s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2809s; 3; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb