6 Top Things to Do In Frankfurt, Germany


Advertisement
Europe
April 18th 2019
Published: April 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post



A modern city that embraces its past. Frankfurt may not be at the top of every traveler’s must-see city in Germany. However, as the main transport nerve center for the country, Frankfurt Airport is its busiest airport serving flights from all over the world and you can rent a vehicle right at the terminal when you arrive.

While Frankfurt is known as one of the major financial hubs in Europe, the city has a charm that people overlook. A city that has accessible transport and several pedestrian-friendly zones, explore one of Germany’s most beautiful cities. Upon visiting the metropolitan city of Frankfurt, below are the 6 top things to do during your visit.

Visit Its Museums




Museums shouldn’t just be rainy day alternatives. Visiting museums really help you connect with the city, learning about its historic past. From medieval artifacts at the Historisches Museum to ornate paintings at the Stadel Museum or even natural exhibits of animal skeletons at the Naturmuseum Senckenber, there are countless of interesting museums to see. For great discounts on your museum visits, why not grab a MuseumuferTicket that grants access to Frankfurts 34 museums over two days.

Romerberg




Located at the heart of the city, the Romerberg is the historic and gorgeous square that is lined with medieval timber houses with beautiful facades. A vibrant area where tourists and locals mingle and people watch while grabbing a drink at one of the cafes. Take snapshots of the elegant Romer building while enjoying its grandiose architecture, or enjoy the waterworks of the Fountain of Justice. During the festive season, the square becomes a traditional Christmas market serving delicious treats such as warm wine and roasted sausages.

Retail Therapy At The Zeil




Frankfurt is a shopper’s dream with numerous streets and areas dedicated to those who are in need of retail therapy. As the oldest shopping district in the city, The Zeil remains to be the most popular place for people to do their shopping. You can see popular high street names, but also take the time to look in the smaller and locally run boutique shops.

Eat Local At The Kleinmarkthalle




Experience the region’s seasonal produce by visiting the bustling Kleinmarkthalle. The 160 market stalls sell locally sourced food and flowers while displaying delicious imports from all over the continent. You can grab freshly made fare for reasonable prices, or you can take some fresh ingredients if you plan on cooking.

Take A Boat Trip At The Main River




For a relaxing way to see Frankfurt, you can embark on a river cruise as the boat slowly takes you to great views of the city’s magnificent skyline. You can take a seat at the viewing deck to get exclusive views of Frankfurt’s modern skyscrapers and rustic spires towering through the city. Best taken at the end of a clear day to see the sun setting on the horizon of the city.

Visit The Grand Opera House



A building hard to miss in a busy metropolis, the Alte Oper holds concerts and performances. If opera is not your thing, then its architecture will surely impress you. Recently rebuilt due to its destruction during World War 2, it still retains its charm and is still Frankfurt’s most beautiful buildings.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.696s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 41; dbt: 0.3045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb