Night and Day


Advertisement
Europe
October 8th 2018
Published: October 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

What a wonderful thing is a night tour of a city! I've not done one before, and must say it was a delight to take in familiar sights in ”a new light,” especially with someone else driving....

In our four days, we’ve gotten to all the typical places, and a few new ones. The weather has been marvelous - warm and sunny, which made our rooftop drinks at Galleries Lafayette especially enjoyable.

And, some will be happy to learn, after consulting Trip Advisor, we found local bistro with a Michelin rating and had a fabulous meal at a reasonable cost! Box ticked!

A last day took Fae off in search of gifts for family and me on a St. Cloud neighborhood stroll through a morning market, to and over the Seine for a final farewell.

The ride across Paris to Gare du Nord was an adventure, as we lost more than an hour of travel time with one coach breakdown/replacement and rush hour traffic. We scrambled off the bus, dragged our luggage through security and border crossings, and onto the Eurostar in literally the nick of time - it pulled out as the last tour members cleared the platform.

I‘m now in London at Fae’s hotel on bustling Russel Square for two nights, then I head off to the west!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

At the LouvreAt the Louvre
At the Louvre

This is the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb