Last Day in Rome


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City » Vatican City
April 9th 2010
Published: April 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


For our last day in Rome, we had planned to see the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel. By the time Allison and I got there, the lines were absolutely insane (as expected, I suppose), so we just decided to take pictures of the Vatican from the outside before getting in the enormous line for the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel. Despite the mass amounts of people telling us that it was a 3 hours line and trying to sell us super expensive tickets to cut to the front, we waited it out and were moving pretty quickly. We made friends with the Canadians standing by us in line, and after about a half hour of waiting, Mackenzie and Michael popped out of nowhere tapping us on the shoulders! It was fabulous to re-unite with a BEF-er and hear about their travels so far. The remaining hour or so of waiting passed quickly, then we weaved in and out of the masses of people in the Vatican Museum and sprinted to the end so that we could find the Sistine Chapel. It was cool to see again, but the air was some of the stalest air I’ve ever had the displeasure of breathing.

Afterwards, Allison and I went to lunch and then checked out Piazza del Popolo and the park there. It was really pretty and we walked around a bit, had some fun bargaining with sunglasses and both ended up buying a pair. We stopped back by the hostel on the way to dinner with the Rome girls again, and I ordered spaghetti with wild boar in the sauce—it was really good! After dinner we went back to the hostel to try to get some sleep before our 5am cab, but due to noise in the hostel we only ended up getting around 2 hours of sleep…not great…



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Sweet Clock in the ParkSweet Clock in the Park
Sweet Clock in the Park

Water going back and forth made the pendulum swing


Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb