The Vatican


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City » Vatican City
November 6th 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent a day at the Vatican, where we got a tour of the museum, saw the basilica, and the Sistine Chapel filled with Michaelangelo's paintings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The CourtyardThe Courtyard
The Courtyard

St Peter's Square, this is where he was crucified. Also the obelisk can be scene (tall pointy thing).
ObeliskObelisk
Obelisk

An obelisk is a tall, narrow, four-sided, tapering monument which ends in a pyramidal top. Ancient obelisks were made of a single piece of stone.
Inside the MuseumInside the Museum
Inside the Museum

Covered in Sculptures and Paintings the halls of the Vatican Museum are over 7 miles long.
Sistine ChapelSistine Chapel
Sistine Chapel

Kristen took this very illegal picture! Inside you are supposed to be completely silent. It took Michaelangelo 4 years to paint the Ceiling. Each panel was a different Bible story, the first panel took him 90 days, and the last panel took him only 4 hours to paint.
St Peter's SquareSt Peter's Square
St Peter's Square

It was evening by the time we left the Vatican, it was worth seeing everything lit up at night, despite the rain.
Water from the VaticanWater from the Vatican
Water from the Vatican

Rome apparently has very good drinking water this was a spout outside the Vatican where people filled up their water bottles like water bubbler.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb