The Lastest from Italy


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City » Vatican City
October 9th 2007
Published: October 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, it has been difficult to find internet cafes in parts of Italy. We left the Villa on Saturday and on our way to Naples Carolina and I got separated from the rest of the group due to the train taking off too fast and people crowding on the train. We ended up having to take a taxi through Naples and we thought we were going to die. . I have never been so scared in my entire life as we were in that taxi. We were saying our last prayers. . . we finally hooked up with the others and went on to Sorrento. We arrived in Sorrento and after 6 months of no rain they decided to have a torrential storm and the streets were flooded. It was so bad we couldn't get to the convent that night and had to stay in a hotel over night.

The next two days were beautiful . . the weather was in the 80's and we enjoyed Sorrento and took the boat over to Capri. . OMG it was so beautiful there. Stephanie, Carolina and I took the lift to the very top of Capri and the view was so amazing. . wait until you see the pictures. I loved the island of Capri but verrrrrrrrrrrrry spendy! The convent is amazing. . we had the most spectacular view from our room of the Amalfi Coast.

This morning we left Sorrento and headed to Rome. . this time the trip through Napoli was without incident and we arrived in Rome this afternoon. The monestary that we are staying in is beautiful and peaceful and safe. We went tonight over to the Trevi fountain, lot's of people and it is a beautiful fountain. We will go back again during the daytime to see it as well.

Tomorrrow we have a very busy day, we are going to the Vatican then to the Pantheon and the Coliseum. We have a busy couple of days before we head back home.

I have loved Italy and hated Italy at times and I will be glad to be back in the USA. Sometimes you don't appreciate your home until you are away from it. We are truly blessed in the US!

Lot's more to share when I get home and I will do a more detailed blog then.

See you soon

Ciao for now from Rome!

Karen

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb