“Matched Betting Paid for My Gap Year” – Truth or Fiction?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
March 31st 2015
Published: March 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Do some reading on almost any student forum on the web, and you’ll quickly come across the concept of matched betting as a way to make some quick cash in a hurry. The concept almost sounds too good to be true, but is it actually possible that could earn you some serious cash without any real risk following this risk free gambling method?

Understanding Matched Betting

It may help to start with an explanation of the concept. Matched betting isn’t actually gambling. Instead, it works within the world of gambling in a manner that's similar to hedging stocks, and it’s a concept that many avid gamblers have been familiar with for years. Even the bookies understand (and utilize) the concept to some degree when offsetting their risk. Here’s how it works: many betting websites work hard to attract new players. They offer Free Bets to bring those new players in. Sometimes the free bets are as much as £200, in other cases they’re much smaller like £10. By utilizing the free bet offer instead of your own cash, betting both for and against a given outcome on two different sites, you can guarantee yourself a profit regardless of the overall outcome.

Is It Really Risk Free?

Nothing comes without some measure of risk, right? In this case maybe not. In theory, you’re always going to win with matched betting. Some people, though, certainly lose. One of the biggest reasons they do however is that they simply don’t understand it and make school boy errors. While it’s an excellent idea, there are nuances with any practice like this one, and the key to pulling in the money to cover that gap year (or a nice holiday if you’re no longer a student) is to learn everything you can about the matched betting process and how it works before you embark on your first matched bet.

The Cautionary Tale

The real danger in matched betting is the one that lures many gamblers to the table day after day. Sites offer free bets and bonuses to bring in new customers because they know that eventually, a gambler will lose if they continue to bet. If you’re not cashing out your free bets and walking with the profit you make, you’ll lose it all sooner or later. You simply cannot back a bet without laying it too and still make a profit within the matched betting system. Some personalities, however, tend toward gambling addiction, and matched betting may be just the entry into the system individuals like that need. Although for those with discipline matched betting can be very lucrative indeed

Raking in the Cash

Ready to get started with matched betting to help boost your bank balance? The single best thing you can do is find a solid matched betting guide to walk you through the process. This risk free profit-maker requires some organization, so keeping a record of what you’re betting and when is an absolute must. Eventually, you will run out of betting sites that offer introductory free bets, so the key is to make as much as you can the first time around. Although one may argue many online bookmakers now offer numerous offers to existing customers as well.

While matched betting likely won’t replace your day job, it can help you make a decent bit of cash on the side, perhaps even enough to cover that gap year if your willing to take your time to learn.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb