Crisis in the underwear department!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
July 19th 2012
Published: July 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yep, you guessed it... well it was only a question of time really, Captain running short of pants! Had to put in an emergency call to Second Mate on shore to bring more undergarments - and fast! Thankfully all sorted now.

So, where are we now on Day 21 of our epic journey? A tad behind our planned schedule actually, but doesn't really matter. We moved on from Cookham on Wednesday morn, the skies heavy with rain yet again. But our lovely friend Wendy took pity on us, scooped us up and took us back to her home (in Bourne End) for lunch and then a delicious roast dinner in the evening... we do seem to have friends in useful places. Thanks Wendy!

Thursday morning we moved on to Marlow, despite red boards still being displayed at Marlow Lock. Although the stream was running very fast, we managed to find a good mooring site alongside the park, where we met Mum, Alan and their friends visiting from Australia, for lunch and then back to boat where we sat outside IN THE SUN enjoying an ice-cream.

Later more visitors - Helen, Ben and Phoebe came for the evening, and still the rain stayed away - feels like a completely different world!

Writing this blog as night falls, the river seems calmer and the sky clearer for the first time. Perhaps this is the start of better times ahead.

p.s. should warn you that I have started that book. Can't see what all the fuss is about...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb