From Paradise to Reality


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
March 15th 2008
Published: March 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 6-30pm we finish our final meal at Kamala and head for the airport to catch the 18-40 flight to Bangkok to connect with the midnight flight to London. we arrive at Phuket airport and wait for our flight, afyer 30 minutes of waiting it dawns on me 18-40 is not 8-40, we have missed our flight. Panic sets in, what a dork, for the last 2 months I;ve been misreading my ticket and we are now in danger of missing the flight to London. well to cut a very stressful hour short, we got the last two standbys on the last flight to Bangkok, made the connection and arrived in London to gale force winds and cold bleak conditions. But wait there's more, My friend David picked us up at the airport but the accommodation he promised is far from finished. the house in Southgate (N17) is still being renovated and a bloody, muddy miss and after 36 hours without much sleep I'm not feeling like i can make good decisions. We end up in a crowed flat in Central London for three days and on Thursday set up a room amonst the renovations. Gut really things have gone pretty well, we have bank accounts, are living rent free, have got the transport suused and are getting use to the tempreture and pace of London. This weekend we are with some friends (from Nelson) who have been in London for 12 months. Our focus for next week is work although with Easter just a head I cant see us working til the end of the month. Althouhj I don't feel it is too expensive here, we are not earning and that eats away at our savings. We are staying in Teddington next weekend while our friends spend a weekend in Prague, Will try and blog again then.
E noho ora mai koutou
TonyandAnita
photo 1 and 2 Anita at the floating market
photo 3 and 4 Anita on THE Elephant and me and the snake
photo 5 and 7 The view from our room at Kamala Dreams and looking at our Balcony
photo 6 and 8 Experiences in Phuket
photo 9 and 10 The view from our flat in Southgate, our room




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb