Everything you need to know about the Giants Causeway Story


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
April 8th 2021
Published: April 8th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Many of you have heard about the Giant Causeway and about what this destination is all about! But some people do not know what Giant Causeways is and how you can reach this destination. So without wasting any time, let’s get into the discussion about the exciting Giants Causeway Tours!

Introduction

The Giant’s Causeway is known to be the vast and yet impressive expanse of the closely packed hexagonal basalt columns. They are all approximately 40,000 in total number which is poking out of the Irish Sea. It was all formed due to the intense activity of the volcano which lies in between the north coast of the County of Antrim named Northern Ireland.

History

Now let’s get into the background of The Giants Causeway story! Hence as you will do research, you will be finding various legends and myths which are based on the formation of Giant’s Causeway! Out of all such myths has been the most popular one was related to the construction of the Causeway. It was being unveiled that it was built by the renowned warrior giant known as Finn MacCool. He tore down the giant chunks of cliffs just to create the powerful path to Scotland.

Geologists even introduced the less romantic view by revealing that this terrain was all formed due to the volcanic activity at the time of the Tertiary period of 50-60 million years ago. As the volcano lava was cooled out, it was all contracted which resulted in the recognizable columnar structures.

Walking the Giant’s Causeway

The best thing about this Causeway is that you are all free to walk as in all along with the columns all day and night without any charges. You should not be missing out to watch the beauty of the latest visitor center which is built all along the Causeway Coastal Route. This place is all about entertainment, shopping, and eatery places.

Hence, you would be able to grab the fun of various perspectives of stones by taking yourself on the trek all along with the Runkerry Trail. It is situated next to the Causeway. This amazing cliff top has been providing tranquil viewing points through which you can have a look down into the world-famous site. On the clear days, you will be able to catch the beauty of Scotland as well as the Inishowen Peninsula in Ireland. Hence, this trail has been a moderate one of around 3.2-kilometer (2 miles) walk which you can cover in one hour and thirty minutes.

Where you can stay near the Giant’s Causeway?

As you will make your way to the Giant’s Causeway, you will be finding numerous options of the places and accommodation areas to make your stay into. You can stay in spa resorts, hotels, or farmhouses as well.

How you can get to the Giants Causeway?

You can easily reach this destination through the train on Belfast/Londonderry line to the Coleraine or Portrush, and then you can take the bus service to the main visitor center. Plus, you can often reach this place by road without any hassle.

Advertisement



Tot: 1.107s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.2907s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb