Best Places in UK for a Weekend Getaway


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
April 2nd 2019
Published: April 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Staycations are a trend that are a here to stay. The rise in popularity of staycations and weekend getaways is a phenomenon that hardly has any reasonable explanation to back it. If you reside in UK and are juggling between different locations for a getaway, you can choose one from the list below and book a cheap break without further delays!

1. The Isle of Scilly




One of the most known choices for a weekend break in the UK, The Isles of Scilly are an archipelago off the Cornish coast, in southwest England. If you are looking to escape the monotony of your life and head somewhere with a beautiful scenery and slow pace of living, this is your best bet. One of the most recommended beaches here is the Great Bay Beach at St. Martin’s. During your time there, you must visit the Valhalla Museum in Tresco which displays shipwrecked figureheads as well as the tower of 17th-century Cromwell’s Castle.

2. New Forest




A getaway to New Forest is what English dreams are made of. Woodland walks and nature spotting are two of the most exciting things that one can partake in here. We would recommend you to try pony hacking here, which is an extremely intriguing way to look at the forest. A country house that has received great reviews from tourists is Chewton Glen, which has luxury treehouse bedrooms that will make for a perfect day. In fact, there is a lot for the foodies here as well, especially at the stylish restaurant at Lime Wood Hotel.

3. Edinburgh




Apart from being known as Scotland’s beautiful capital, Edinburgh is also known for being a stunning romantic escape. There is no possibility of getting bored here, given the wide array of tourist attractions. Some of the most popular places here are the Old Town, Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, Arthur’s Seat, Calton Hill and more. If you are visiting Edinburgh with your partner, you must include in your visit a romantic dinner at The Witchery By The Castle which will serve you an unforgettable meal.

4. Belfast




An erstwhile ship-building center, Belfast is today the capital of Northern Ireland and a popular getaway destination. Although Belfast brings up images of a war-like situation in mind, the situation has improved now with many efforts at peace building.

5. Bath




If a small, quaint city and many spa sessions is what your ideal weekend getaway is made of, you should definitely plan a visit to Bath. The city is known for its stunning and intricate architecture, great heritage properties and delicious food.

The 5 places listed above are only the icing of the entire cake that UK is, when it comes to weekend getaways. Visit any of these or more and you can be guaranteed a great time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.481s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb