The Trip Home: Live from London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
June 9th 2018
Published: June 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I'm writing from Heathrow at almost 1100 London time, having started our journey home.

Alex and I were up at 0300. We stumbled through final packing and getting to the lobbybefore 0330. The very kind hotel manager found us another taxi when the one we scheduled didn't show up. We drove through darkness and fog to Brussels Airport.

On arrival, contrary to the manager's agreement with the cabbie, he charged us more than the hotel rate. To add, he only spoke French (supposedly) so there was no discussion -just the cabbie excitedly talking and pointing at the meter. Not really a surprise...we needed to go so we paid and moved on.

After our ham and cheese croissants, we checked in with British Airways for our flight, went through security and border control, and waited at our gate. It was still really foggy, but our flight left Brussels on time and arrived in London early.

Another trip through secuity and border control (where we had to throw away the water we bought in Brussels Airport - grr) still left us with almost four hours of layover. A wonderful, leisurely second breakfast at The Curator Bar & Dining took less time than hoped, so after walking the shops, we are sitting in the terminal lounge waiting for a gate assignment for our 1225 flight to Dallas.

Our goal is to stay awake on the flight to get back on Tulsa time, but with only 3 hours of sleep, there is no way. We are so tired it's all we can fo to stay awake in a noisy, uncomfortable airport!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb