Home again, home again, jiggity jig


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
November 3rd 2009
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 198 (Tuesday 03/11/09 NJJ) Back in the UK and welcomed by heavy rain
The flight landed early, at 6.30 am UK time (6 ½ hour flight). Saw James Cracknell in the line for passport control. Got our luggage from bagagge control then exited customs area just before 7.30am where we were met by our very excited Mums. On the way home we stopped at a services for breakfast. Got to Joan's around 11am to drop her off, and I wanted to see John and the house. Then on to our house. The rain was heavy for much of the journey from Heathrow but we did have a very brief spell of sun when Joyce dropped us off at our house. It was actually nice to be back in our lovely clean home, with a lot of unpacking and normality ahead of us.

Can't believe it's nearly 7 months ago that we were left for our amazing trip of a lifetime, only now it doesn't seem like the trip of a lifetime, it feels more like it's something that we could do again, and again, if only we had the money and who knows what lays ahead. It seemed the most normal thing for us to do together. The whole experience has been amazing, something to cherish forever and to talk about for the rest of our lives. I hope that it's not the last time that we get to do something that special together.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb