Wandering Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
July 11th 2008
Published: April 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Entering SnowdoniaEntering SnowdoniaEntering Snowdonia

I entered Snowdonia National Park via the back roads from Lake Vyrnwy.
Day four, my final day on the road, began the same as day three, with the promise of improving, but unsettled conditions, meaning “a roll of the dice”. I head north from the lake taking another scenic single track. Somehow, the misty weather in this perfectly conveys the mystical Welsh atmosphere.

I found the B4391 and it takes me towards England. Wales lives up to all its accolades and more. From stunning, fast sweeping bends, to narrow single tracks, the Welsh terrain encompasses all types of motorcycling pleasure with its majestic natural beauty added as a bonus. The people are extremely warm and welcoming, especially after they hear an American accent.

On the way back to Nottingham, I make a small detour to explore some interesting roads in the Shropshire Hills. Mercifully, I was fortunate and managed to escape any major drenchings on the last day. the motorcycle gods must have had their fill of entertainment.

Days: 4
Miles: 800 (would have been more if not for the day 2 washout)
Police interaction: 0
Bee stings: 0
Deer encounters: 0
Sheep encounters: about 2 brazillian
Bike problems: 0




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Welsh PredatorWelsh Predator
Welsh Predator

A typical Welsh predator lurking about.
Climbing To SnowdoniaClimbing To Snowdonia
Climbing To Snowdonia

Climbing from Lake Vyrnwy towards Snowdonia.
Welsh VillageWelsh Village
Welsh Village

Early morning trundling through a Welsh village as smoke rises from a chimney.
B4391B4391
B4391

The B4391 takes me back towards England.
Scenic WalesScenic Wales
Scenic Wales

The B4391 offers up gorgeous Welsh countryside.
The Shropshire HillsThe Shropshire Hills
The Shropshire Hills

The Shropshire Hills offer some pleasant motorcycling.


Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb