Goodbye bye UK hello Vietnam!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Swansea
January 9th 2014
Published: January 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a morning of work for Steve and me (well I went to work, I think steve pretend) mo picked me up so I could go to hers and change, steve arrived with the dogs as mo was doing the first few days of dog sitting.

As usually we were running late so we set off for the airport the 3 of us (steve, cath and me) we picked dan up on the way at the turn off the motorway for porthcawl. Three hours later we arrived at Heathrow termimal 4, check in was relatively painless they checked to make sure we had our visa letters or we wouldnt be allowed to board.

Next stop was security, yes we got our bag searched and so did dan ( the guy looked like he was going to strip search him! Think dan might of enjoyed it. Lol)

Quick bite to eat and we were boarding. The first flight was 6.40hrs and went pretty quickly, it was a night flight so we managed to get a few hours sleep. We arrivef in Abu Dhabi around half three in the morning but it was half eight their time and yje sirport was quite busy, we had a bit of a rush connection as we only had just over an hour, we made it to the plane and had a row of 4 seats as we asked if any were free on boarding, we sat on the tarmac for nearly 2 hours while they tried to fix a computer component, in the end the couldn't fix it and we needed a new plane, back off and off for our free meal, luckily we didn't have to wait to long as this airport is etihads hub, so another hour and half and we were back on another plane. The dix and half hour flight seemed endless, we finally arrived in ho chi minh airport at 11.30pm, three hours late. The visa process didnt take too long and was easier than we thought. Our driver was waiting for us and we were on out way to the hotel which took about 20 min. Straight to bed as we had to be up and ready for pick ip at 7.30am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb