fresh air


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Powys » Welshpool
September 26th 2014
Published: September 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Alex and I decided a trip to a Shropshire high point was in order this morning, so we got up early and left home for a pleasant ride along lanes to the Stiperstones, a high ridge of rough stones, with lots of rocky outcrops. One of these is called the Devil's chair, to which he returns when its misty. Luckily the sky was clear for our visit. Local schoolchildren had provided information boards along the way, drawing attention to various plants and animals, and the way the heather is being managed: one board had a lovely drawing of "what we think the devil may look like". Just in case we met him up there! Excellent views all round, and some caches as well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

close upclose up
close up

all beano characters, and a catapult in the box too!


26th September 2014

lovely walk
in the early morning. Is that blackberries you are picking for Martha?
26th September 2014

I like the tdea of the caches! Would be nice to do that here. Who put them up all around ? Lovely interesting walk.
27th September 2014

What a lovely day out
The views look wonderful and I love the comic cache.
17th November 2014

the Devil!
What a fantastic view! If that is what you got in the geo-cache...what do you put back??

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb